RoQC was founded in 1998 in Tau, Norway. Our main office is located in Stavanger, Norway and our US affiliate, RoQC Data Management LLC., is located in Houston. Together we serve a growing multinational client base.
RoQC was originally a consultancy driven company. Its software development started as a support function to consultants out in the field. Later, the software development commercialized into what has become the RoQC Tools software suite.
Today RoQC Data Management is a software and consultancy company with local and global clients. Together with our clients, we aim to strengthen data quality assurance and increase data quality by applying strong domain knowledge and innovative software development in the subsurface data management domain.
- RoQC and its employees are required to follow Norwegian law (or that of the country where they are working)
- The client's integrity is absolute
- All employees are required to sign non-disclosure declarations that protect the client
- Our employees' health is paramount
- We strive to work, and to encourage our clients to work, in a manner that minimizes damage to the environment
- With each contract we do our best to ascertain the customers and our own expectations to the contract and to ensure that these expectations are met
RoQC Data Management
RoQC was founded in 1998 in Tau, Noway. The founder, Ian Barron, started up with consultancy in the Subsurface Data Management domain.
After multiple assignments working for small, large and national E&P companies Ian Barron began to develop software code to speed up traditional and time consuming tasks. RoQC grows and consists of 5 staff.
RoQC Tools Software Development
1st commercial release of RoQC Tools for OpenWorks available.
RoQC Tools for Petrel
1st commercial release of RoQC Tools for Petrel. A plug-in to Petrel for identification of erronius Petrel project data and clean up tools.
Ian Barron and Bjørn Thorsen forms a business partnership and restructures RoQC. New organization is emerging with Bjørn Thorsen as the CEO and Ian Barron as the CTO. Wendy Aga as the Services and Account Manager and later the same year Ronald Jacobsen as the Sales and Marketing Manager
RoQC hires a Techincal Soultions Advisor and a Software Developer
RoQC becomes a DELFI* partner and RoQC Tools for Petrel & Studio plug-ins are certified for DELFI.
Launches RoQC LogQA
Data Quality Assessment of Well Logs using advanced ML